Air Intakes / Air Inlets / Attic Inlets
IS800 Air Inlet
IS attic inlets
- Patented “Star diffuser” system ensures correct quantity and direction of incoming air
- Air circulator to be placed under the diffuser available as accessory
- Manufactured in durable white or black smooth and anti-soiling polyethylene
- Reduced shipping volumes and easy installation
- Different models for adaptation to most buildings. Multiflex roof flashing for fitting to any slope between 12 and 25 degrees.
- Two available diameters, 600mm and 800mm and option for use without the top section to draw air from the loft space
- Integral wire mesh preventing wild animal entry
- Solid top cover and slots at the bottom of the cone ensure rainwater protection
- Air Distributor
- Fan Kit
IS air inlets are designed to be used as ceiling or roof inlets in livestock structures. The patented Star Diffuser ensures that the incoming air stream is accurately controlled and radially distributed to create a uniform climate inside the structure. During cold periods, the cold incoming air should be heated before it makes contact with any animals housed inside a structure. For this purpose, the unique design of the star diffuser directs air horizontally out when it is set to small openings. This allows the cold incoming air to be mixed with the hot air that is found near the roof of the structure. If a ceiling is installed, the air can be directed along the ceiling. Doing this use can be made of the Coanda effect in which the airstream “sticks” longer to the ceiling. This allows for more mixing time between the cold incoming air and the hot air near the ceiling. During hot periods, the ventilation demand for livestock structures increases and it is no longer necessary to heat up the incoming air before it comes in contact with the animals. The star diffuser responds perfectly to this change in ventilation demand. As the blades of the diffuser open more, it starts to direct air down towards the animals, thereby supplying more air directly to the animals.