Dehumidifiers for the Confectionery Industry
Humidity can cause a wide range of issues in the confectionery industry if not properly maintained. Confectionery products are high in sugar and hygroscopic, and when moisture from the air combines with the sugar it can cause the products to become sticky and prone to mold. All Munters dehumidifiers provide efficient and consistent humidity control ensuring the proper conditions for confectionery manufacturing all year-round.
Confectionery Products that Require Dehumidification
Products made from sugar tend to absorb moisture from the air, and this reason makes dehumidifiers an integral part of the confectionery manufacturing process. Some of the products that require dehumidification include:
- Sugar, cocoa, cookies, biscuits, chocolates, hard candies, chewing gums, bubble gums, sweets, toffees, jellied items, sugar-coated drops or tablets, and popcorn
Common Applications in the Confectionery Industry That Require Dehumidification
From transport and unloading into silos, to coating, to packaging and storage, humidity control is critical to the confectionery process and quality. Some of the common confectionery applications that require dehumidification include:
- Confectionery Product Manufacturing
- Candy Coating Process
- Packaging of Confectionery Items
- Transport, Unloading, And Storage of Confectionery Products
- Pneumatic Conveying of Ingredients for Confectionery Products
- Drying & Cooling Tunnel Operation
Effects of Uncontrolled Humidity
Confectionery products often lose quality and shelf life when they come into contact with air humidity that is too high during the production process.
They can stick together, become moldy, and break apart. Machines and pipes become clogged. Production, transport, and storage are impeded. This is a cost and time-intensive situation that can be avoided.
Solutions to Uncontrolled Humidity
The most effective way to protect raw materials and products during production, storage and transport is to control environmental conditions. The central element is the continuous regulation and monitoring of air humidity during all production processes, from raw material to end product and at every time of the day and every season of the year.
For this reason, Munters offers its clients custom-designed air dehumidification solutions for every single area of production. Whether silo or production facility, warehouse or transport, air humidity and temperature are consistently and precisely coordinated with the product and the situation. This coordination not only secures high product quality and long shelf life, but also ensures considerable cost savings and production increases.
Advantages with Munters
Effective humidity control with confectionery, candy processing, and chocolate dehumidification systems ensure high quality, long shelf life, and appetizing product appearance.
- Consistent, high product quality in every season
- Year-round continuous production levels
- Dry product stays dry and appealing to end user customer
- Better product quality and appearance
- Increased productivity, higher throughput
- Significantly less waste
- Hygienic production, storage and transport for maximum food safety
- Shorter coating and drying times
- Ice-free areas and fewer defrosts for freezers & cold storage areas
- Lower energy consumption for process air treatment
- Reduced clogging and maintenance issues for entire production process, particularly pneumatic conveying
Save energy and reduce carbon footprint