Fast clothes-drying with traditional methods is an expensive process which usually involved heating and ventilation, tumble-drying or cooling dehumidifiers.
By dehumidifying the drying room, heating can be completely avoided since Munters’ sorption-dehumidifying also works at high capacity in unheated premises too.
In order to dry clothes, a difference in steam pressure must be created between the drying air and the clothes; the bigger the difference in steam pressure – the shorter the drying time. In sorption dehumidification, this difference is created by supplying dry air with a very low steam pressure = low water content.
The method creates drying conditions equivalent to a good, dry summer day with light wind, in which the clothing dries outdoors in record time.
- Fast and efficient drying
- No need for heating = significant energy savings
- No wear on the cloth during drying (wear during tumble-drying)
- Low energy consumption per kg. of water removed
- Protection for buildings against damage from damp
- Simple installation and use
Proven installations in areas such as:
- Schools - Dry coats and outerwear after playtime
- Football & Sports clubs - Dry football and sports kits quickly and without heating
- Outdoor activity centres - Dry clothing quickly and efficiently
- Offshore, Coastguards and RNLI - Dry diving suits and wet weather gear
- Horse riding stables - Dry horse blankets and clothing
- Fire Stations & Military - Dry uniforms using less energy
Find out more about the concept on the Munters drying room page.