AHU Fan upgrades
Munters has a multinational experience with FanGrid upgrades of non-Munters AHU equipment. In facilities operating 24/7 we replace old belt drive fans with energy efficient direct drive EC fans, creating redundancy and substantial energy savings. These upgrades grant our customers a very short ROI, often at 2 years or less.
A FanGrid design gives increased reliability over old single fan system. This solution prevents whole system failure, as if one fan were to fail, the remaining fans increase their speed and can compensate for the loss and continue to deliver the air volume required. Due to their compact size, the units in a FanGrid can be replaced more easily. In addition, EC FanGrid solutions can be controlled more accurately, are quieter and reduce maintenance costs. In the long run it protects you against minor breakdowns and prevents an outage.
- Reduced energy consumption
- Short return on investment (ROI), often 2 years or less
- Reduced maintenance cost for the AHU’s
- Better controllability and reduced noise level
- Increased reliability and redundancy
- Flexible installation solution
AHU Upgrade saves 58% energy at Birmingham Airport
Examples of other installations: