Mist Elimination reduces salt corrosion and keeps filters dry.
At sea and in costal climates, the battle against unwanted moisture is endless, but winnable. Munters offers modern air intake systems that stop the threat from seaspray, rain and hail right at the bulkhead.
Ventilation systems for offshore platforms, engine room ventilation intakes and intakes for gas turbines need protection from the worst offered by land and sea. Rain, hail, seaspray, snow and other airborne particles enter the ventilation system causing corrosion and wet filters. Engine room intakes require particular attention both for long-term protection against corrosion and to deep engines running in critical situations.
Special care must be given to the air intakes when the temperature is close to or below 0°C. The risk for icing is high, therefore the mist elimination is effective only with additional heating devices.
Read more in the brochure The end of the Ice Age .
In addition to all different weather conditions there are many types of harmful airborne solids to contend with, such as cement dust, barites, drilling dust, flare carbon mud-burning smoke and blasting grits from maintenance activities.
Read more in the brochure Let it blow.
Munters Mist Eliminators protect any system that requires ambient air effectively.
- dry filters, longer life time
- less corrosion in ventilation systems
- increased up-time with dryer filters and less corrosion of sensitive machinery
- reduced mold, bacterial growth, odors and corrosion
- reduced maintenance costs
- better climate for passengers and crew, interior, cargo spaces as well as sensitive instrumentation.