COOLING PAD CHECKLIST
- Reduce the number of on-off cycles.
- Shade the pads and sump.
- Dry the pads out completely once every 24 hours.
- Maintain a suitable water bleed off
- Drain and disinfect the entire water distribution system quarterly.
- Avoid harmful contaminants, including dust, fumes harsh cleaners, and water treatment chemicals.
- Run the recommended quantity of water over the pads.
- Avoid dry areas on the pad.
- Stop annoying leaks in the water distribution system.
For more information ask for your Munters Maintenance bulletin.
Mineral deposits can be minimized by maintaining a continuous water bleed-off or by periodically dumping the sump. The methods and/or quantity of bleed-off may vary depending on the pH and hardness of the supply water, and Munters can assist you by recommending individual bleed-off rates.
Note: Fractional timers should not be used. These timers do not enhance the performance of a cooling pad and actually contribute to the development of scale.
If algae is allowed to grow freely on a CELdek® pad it may eventually clog the flutes and inhibit the flow of air. This increases the static pressure and reduces the efficiency of the pad. Algae growth can be controlled by early implementation of simple maintenance techniques. Munters maintenance bulletins provide information to help maximize the efficiency and life of CELdek® evaporative pads.